Profiles of Historic Sites
[DATE OF CONSTRUCTION: 1890-1899]
8423 Cedar Street | Cedar Valley | Est. 1896
Large 2 ½ storey house on the flat lot at the north-west corner of Cedar Street and Cherry Avenue; recently renovated with new siding, windows, etc. the original farm house is scarcely visible beneath the modernization.
Harbour Street | Flats | Est. 1891
The CPR bridge spans the Fraser River; connecting the rail lines from the USA through Matsqui in the south to Mission in the north. The bridge is currently made of steel and is about 1700 feet long.
6967 Bridge Street | Flats | Est. ca. 1890
Originally a wood frame industrial building, modified over the years for various uses, primarily food processing. It was located on the corner of Harbour and Bridge Street, at the North end of the CPR Bridge.
29485 Donatelli Avenue | Silverdale | Est. 1890-1910
One room wood frame church, with a simple belfry tower over the entrance. Located on 10 to 12 acres of farmland, just north of the CPR tracks, and south of the Lougheed Highway about 5 km west of downtown Mission